1953 MORRIS LC5 PICKUP TRUCK
Registration Number: KCA 68
Chassis Number: LC531947
Recorded Mileage: 19,250 miles
- Three owners and just over 19,000 miles from new
- Restored over an eight year period
- Fitted with the more desirable tipper body
Morris Commercial as a division was borne from William Morris’ purchase of Birmingham-based large axle company E.G.Wrigley & Sons from the receivers in January 1924. The factory was the base for a new range of Commercial trucks, by the early 1930s moving to the other side of town. The range of specialist vehicles included, amongst other things, ambulances, taxis and buses.
Their post-war efforts were in line with the general trend towards smaller wheels and more driver-friendly cabs. By 1952, the Morris Motor Company had merged with the Austin Motor Company, giving both firms access to a huge range of engines and transmissions.
The LC range of the 1950s was powered by the 2.2-litre 61bhp petrol engine from the Austin A70 range of saloons, and with a payload of 1500 kg proved a popular vehicle for business use. By 1954 for the first time a 3.4 litre 4-cylinder diesel engine was an option. The production of Morris LC5 ran until 1960, when it was replaced by the Morris FG.
First registered in November 1953, this LC5 Pickup Truck, fitted with a useful and sought after tipper body, has had just three owners from new, in that time covering a mere 19,000 miles or so. The truck has benefitted from an eight-year restoration to a good standard, and is now ready to be showed or pressed into active service once more. The LC5 is offered with a UK V5C document and newly issued MoT certificate.
Fees apply to the hammer price:
Room and Absentee Bids:
12% inc VAT*
Online and Autobids:
13.2% inc VAT*